Learning Coach: Re-engagement Specialist
Milton Keynes College are looking to appoint a team of Learning Coaches to support the curriculum teaching staff at an exciting time of transforming the way lessons are delivered to our learners.
As a Learning Coach, you will liaise with curriculum staff and other support services to monitor student progress and achievement, identify possible barriers to achievement and ensure appropriate intervention to help individuals to overcome any barriers to the effective learning.
The new role of Learning Coach for Re-engagement will work specifically on programmes designed to re-engage students who are at high risk of dropping off of their study programme. As Learning Coach you will deliver 3 week long intensive programmes with the primary objective of re-engaging students back into their full time study programme or into alternative education; apprenticeship or traineeship.
The Learning Coach for Re-engagement will deliver consistently good or better workshop and coaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of pedagogies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for your students. You will support students in developing high expectations of their own performance and an effective ownership of their own learning progress. You will also develop a positive working relationship with students' particularly in respect of their conduct and behaviour.
As the successful candidate for the position of Learning Coach: Re-engagement Specialist, you will possess the following essential knowledge, skills and experience;
- Experience of successfully working with students who are not engaging in education, employment or training
- Have an ability to develop a high quality learning and student support environment
- Show an ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment
- Have the capacity to question, challenge, analyse and contextualise student performance to ensure success
- Experience to know when and how to make interventions to ensure student progress is successful and sustainable
- Have excellent organisation, time management, team working and prioritisation skills
- Previous experience of working with both young people and adults
- Highly effective communication, feedback and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification
- A minimum Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
- Hold a recognised higher level teaching qualification or working towards
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: Childcare vouchers, a multitude of training opportunities, Car Salary Sacrifice, Cycle to Work, a number of local discounts in Milton Keynes, LGPS and TPS pensions, free parking at our main campus sites and discount at our onsite Brasserie restaurant and The Graduate Salon.
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
Salary: GBP21,100 - GBP25,202 per annum
Location: Bletchley Campus
Closing Date: 26th October 2016
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.
Milton Keynes College is a general further education and training provider with Campuses at Chaffron Way, Bletchley and Central Milton Keynes. The college is the largest provider of further education and training in Milton Keynes, offering a varied mix of vocational and academic courses to a diverse set of students. The College has a number of commercial outlets which are open to the public including an award winning restaurant, Hair & Beauty Salon, Personal Training Studio, Nursery and Gallery space. Milton Keynes College also has an offender learning contract, providing education within 28 prisons across the country.
- Facebook: Milton Keynes College
- Linked In: Milton Keynes College
Milton Keynes College is values led organisation: Integrity, Excellence, Inspire, Respect, Innovate.
Milton Keynes College is a committed "safer recruitment" employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community