English and a Mathematics Lectures
An exciting opportunity has become available working as part of a new GCSE team at Central London's top performing college. You will be responsible for providing effective teaching, support and assessment to a range of FE learners on a range of English or maths programmes with the majority of this teaching to be focused on GCSE.
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a degree or equivalent in either English or Mathematics, as appropriate, and a recognised teaching qualification (or working towards it). Successful candidates will have experience of teaching students aged 14-18 on GCSE programmes. In addition, you will be able to employ a range of teaching strategies and prepare students for formal assessments and exams. Good knowledge of GCSE English Language or Mathematics specifications is essential. Newly Qualified Teachers will be considered for this post.
The successful candidate will also be able to:
- Design, develop and deliver high quality teaching materials.
- Effectively plan and develop differentiation within lessons.
- Plan and monitor one's own workload to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Work effectively as a team member.
* Qualified teaching scale - full teaching qualification required.
Please note that CVs are not accepted, you must complete the application form.
Closing date: 28/10/2016
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.