Customer Service Associate
An opportunity awaits you at Barclays. We're looking for responsible and methodical people to join us on a temporary basis as Customer Service Associates in Liverpool.
We want to be the bank customers love to do business with, so we've created Smarter Human Banking, an innovative approach that combines new technology with a team of outstanding people.
Our team of Customer Service Associates have an important part to play in retaining the loyalty of customers by investigating claims of MIS-sold PPI. We'll expect you to judge every case on its own merits to ensure a fair, objective and prompt outcome.
Training & Salary:
The pay rate for our Customer Service Associates is GBP10 - GBP11 per hour. You will be provided with 6 weeks supported training which will help you learn the basics and pass a formal accreditation to remain in the role. This will be followed by a probationary period whereby you will receive regular coaching and feedback in order to achieve the required standards.
As a Customer Service Associate, your main responsibilities would involve:
- Investigating cases received directly from customers and third parties via correspondence or indirectly from our Branches or Contact Centres
- Reviewing customer testimony and contacting them to discuss their views or obtain further information
- Analysing and interpreting data such as account usage, bank statements and other records
- Making an informed assessment of the information available based on the criteria provided by Barclays to determine whether the account has been MIS-sold (support will be available from subject matter experts and team leaders for more complex enquiries)
- Communicating outcomes to customers using approved call salutation and letter templates with discretion to adapt where appropriate
As a Customer Service Associate, your skills will include:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently on the phone with customers - previous telephony experience either in a call centre or customer service position is preferred
- The focus to stay on track in every investigation
- The ability to assess and analyse high volumes of information and translate it into something meaningful
- Computer literacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical mind - able to follow strict processes and ways of working to give a set outcome
- The ability to manage your own workload
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- The flexibility to embrace changes in processes