Transport Planner / Transport Scheduler
Transport Planner / Transport Scheduler, Salary: Up to £20k, Based: Sheffield, working on up to a 12 months contract covering maternity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Planner / Transport Scheduler to work for a leading business who specialise in the hire of portable toilets and associated products. The purpose of the role is to provide a cost effective, reliable and compliant logistics service to the business with a focus on delivering high levels of service and customer satisfaction whilst mitigating the negative impact of daily occurrences or scheduled changes.
- Previous experience as a Transport Planner / Transport Scheduler with the ability and experience to plan and schedule transport vehicles efficiently and effectively
- Good geographical knowledge
- Good level of skill in Microsoft Office products
- Understanding and knowledge of current regulations in regarding to Working Time Directive and Driver’s Tachograph restrictions.
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls and working in a busy and pressurised environment.
Transport Planner / Transport Scheduler Key Duties;
- Cost- effective planning of routes and vehicle options for deliveries and collections (firm and soft planning).
- Cost effective planning of routes and vehicle options for ad-hoc transport moves (e.g. movement of unit to rebalance fleet stocks).
- Maximise efficient use of own vehicle fleet within boundaries of current road traffic legislations.
- Liaise with Procurement to ensure lowest subcontract haulier rates are negotiated and utilised.
- Be proficient in the use of our IT systems to deliver workable solution that meets our customer’s requirements.
- To meet a level of demand that satisfies our customer needs within the scope of our internal departments requirements / capabilities.
- Wide Load Permit planning and application.
- Application for Annual Dispensations from relevant Police authorities.
- Understand current regulations in regard to Working Time Directives and Driver’s Tachograph restrictions and use this knowledge to deliver our goods and services in line with current legislation.
- Confidently handling internal / customer telephone queries (e.g. ETA’s for units en route to customer), problem solving (e.g. problems on customer site, vehicle breakdown)and be able to deliver solutions to situations that arise.
- Deal with drivers initial queries by resolving, or forward to the Regional Service Managers or branches depending on type of issue. i.e. customer site related/breakdowns.
- Liaise with other teams regarding install/dismantles within an agreed timely manner, ensuring correct delivery sequencing and schedules.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Key words; Transport Planner, Transport Scheduler, Transport planning administrator, Transport Coordinator