Religious Studies Educational Writers (Christianity and Islam Specialist)
This is an opportunity for university graduates to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for Religious Studies through a paid position writing educational resources that our customers – teachers throughout the UK – will use in their class to teach GCSE and A level Religious Studies.
What you will achieve:
- Published material that will help future learners succeed in their qualifications
- Experience in publishing and education sectors
- Develop research and planning skills to a specific project brief
- Familiarisation of new teaching requirements set by examination boards for A level
- Develop your teaching skills by gaining practise in structuring lessons, communicating theory to A Level students, and covering unit specifications.
- Opportunity to develop own resource ideas
What we’re looking for:
- Two Religious Studies specialists: one with a specialism in Islam and one with a specialism in Christianity
Both with: :
- A detailed knowledge of Religious Studies
- An ability to adapt and improve methods of working so that any mistakes identified are not repeated!
- An ability to communicate effectively, concisely – to write with flair and enthusiasm for your subject!
- An ability to write about religion from a neutral, educational perspective
Even without teaching experience, the ideal candidate will be able to apply creative strategies for teachers, taking the content students need to learn and presenting it in an accessible and digestible way.
Two positions are available (one Christianity Specialist and one Islam Specialist): 6-month initial contracts starting ASAP. There is a strong possibility of further publishing opportunities – including writing, checking and/or editorial work.