Procurement Administrator / Purchasing Assistant / Buyer
Job Title: Procurement Administrator
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000
The company has recently announced a partnership between themselves and a similar supplier. They're now looking for the role of Procurement Administrator based at their Harrogate showroom. The successful candidate would be expected to ensure efficient order placement enabling the company meets its inventory and "to order" expectations to achieve the high stands of on time deliveries the company strives for.
To be considered for the role you must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be highly self-motivated and be able to plan, organise, and work under pressure.
Experience of working in a procurement environment is essential.
- To ensure efficient order placement enabling the company meets its inventory and "to order" expectations to achieve the high stands of on time deliveries the company strives for.
- To give input into the daily operations as required and assist the production and quality manager to achieve and develop KPIs.
- To observe patterns and analyse past product performance and proposed sales patterns to improve re-order procedures and drive down unit costs.
- Understands manufacturing/production processes and procedures.
- Understands operational KPIs.
- Can operate on own initiative and give clear precise instructions to his/her team members.
- Will deputise in the absence of a Lead.
- Take responsibility for maintaining work balance chart and planning activities/ resources according to customer demand. Using the company's tools daily to deliver continuous improvements in the work area.
- Maintaining and improving quality standards so that all products are delivered 100% defect free first time, every time.
- Support the department Manager in implementing strategic plans and objectives, and other projects.
- Administration duties as required to ensure daily KPI performance is achieved.
- Assist in planning and coordinating inventory levels.
- Demonstrate the maturity to ensure any issues are handled speedily and effectively.
- Maintain highest levels of housekeeping, in all areas.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in manufacturing/production operations/buying including an understanding of manufacturing IT systems, JIT requirements and stock rotation.
- Good level of Maths and English.
- Is capable of understanding and using information technology and systems to deliver the areas objectives.
- Has sound practical understanding of Visual Load planning systems.
- Is able to operate fluently with the MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Can plan and manage resources on a daily basis.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Administrator, Office Administrator, Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Procurement Manager, Purchasing, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Executive, Procurement Operations, Assistant Procurement Executive, Procurement Admin, Purchasing Assistant, Buyer Administrator, Office Assistant, Office Admin, Procurement Admin, Procurement Assistant will also be considered for this role.