Actica Consulting Ltd is an expanding Management and Technical Consultancy working on some of the most nationally critical technology projects. We specialise in delivering complex projects to challenging timescales. Our customers include the Cabinet Office, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, HM Treasury, the Ministry of Justice, Police Forces, Fire Services and the NHS, as well as a range of national and international companies across the private sector.
Our focus on an organisation's people, processes and technologies gives us a real edge. All of our consultants have a detailed and systematic approach to solving even the most difficult of problems and we always keep the client at the heart of every engagement.
You will have the opportunity to undertake a variety of roles throughout the project lifecycle, working across a wide-ranging set of clients and leading edge technologies. This could include providing projects with advice and guidance on Information Assurance topics; contributing to the development of IA strategies, policies, guidance and awareness; planning and managing the delivery of a security work programme; defining security requirements; designing and implementing security architectures; or overseeing the secure development and accreditation of information systems. You will be required to explain information assurance concepts to non-technical stakeholders, and the rationale for the proposed information risk management decisions. The role may involve operating as part of a larger Actica team or working embedded within a customer team.
To complement the information assurance activities, you will be supported by others providing, and may also find yourself providing, high-value strategy, business analysis, technology and procurement consultancy to ensure any solution aligns with the organisation's business objectives. You will also be expected to provide authoritative advice on security aspects of likely future technology developments and routes to exploit these.
You will have opportunities to lead assignments, to manage small teams and to directly deliver consultancy to ensure the overall success of the engagement. The role involves producing high quality, formal deliverables and reviewing formal deliverables developed by others. It requires significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with the client, including in resolving day-day issues involved in assignment delivery and developing follow-on opportunities.
• Working either individually or as part of a larger Actica team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments that could include:
• Developing strategies for future delivery of ICT services to meet the client's business needs and in accordance with the Government's ICT and other strategies;
• Defining end-to-end architectures including Business, Information, Application and Technical views;
• Production of User and Service Requirements Documentation;
• Delivery of key Concept and Assessment Phase products, including potentially the CONEMP, CONUSE, and Cost Models;
• Supporting large ICT procurements, including developing procurement documentation, and evaluation strategies and evaluating bids;
• Providing technical assurance that proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
• Overtime you may be given the opportunity to specialise and take on more responsibility in areas such as: Cyber Security, Enterprise Architecture, Technical Architecture, Service Management, and Business Change.
Experience within the Defence Enterprise and /or UK Public Sector is desirable, preferably within the ICT context on enterprise solutions. The fast moving nature of the ICT environment together with the need to resource multiple, ad-hoc assignments also requires the individual to be intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated - with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
It is essential that the candidate have experience in the application of at least two of the following methods and standards in use within our customer base, additional experience in other elements would be highly desirable:
• Programme and Project Management methods using Agile and traditional approaches (e.g. MSP, PRINCE2, APMP);
• Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g. BPMN, Lean, RUP, UML, TOGAF, etc;
• Software development methods and techniques;
• Central government information security policy standards / ISO17799;
• Public sector best practice guidance, e.g. ITIL, OGC toolkit;
• Business case development to Treasury guidelines;
• IT Service Management (ITIL V3 Intermediate or above);
Standard methodologies for:
• Requirements capture and analysis;
• Feasibility studies and business case development;
• Information systems security;
• Cost modelling and investment appraisal;
• Systems integration and testing;
• User and System / Service Requirements;
• Benefits Analysis;
• Procurement and Contracting Strategies.
It is desirable that candidates have experience in at least two of the following domains:
• Defence, Intelligence, logistics or Command and Control
• Cyber Security;
• Technical Operations;
• ICT Infrastructure;
• ICT Enterprise and Technical Architecture development and review;
• Large scale information and communications technology procurement;
• Service Management.
Preference is given to candidates with a good degree (2.1 or above) from a reputable university and in a relevant technical subject, such as Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
Because of the nature of the Actica's business, a wide and varied background is preferable and the demonstrable capability to adapt quickly to new developments is always required.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.
• A discretionary bench mark bonus; split into two payments per year
• 25 days annual Leave;
• Twice* yearly performance appraisal with pay review at each (*while at Consultant and Senior Consultant grades, annually thereafter);
• Investment in training relevant to an individual's development and Actica's business needs.
To apply for this role position please click the APPLY button now!