Head of Operations and Resource Planning - Maternity Cover
Job Title: Head of Operations and Resource Planning - Maternity Cover
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum (pro rata)
Having experienced massive success, including our recent Queen's Award for Enterprise (2013), the university is aiming to become one of the world's most respected providers of business education. With a growing presence on a global scale, coupled with continued plans for expansion, this is an excellent time to join our truly dynamic and innovative business.
Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of facilities and human resources, creating efficiencies in all areas.
The Head of Operations and Resource Planning will be responsible for helping in producing organizational and resource budgets. This position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization's operations functions across the shared services and the group.
The position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will also interact with the Directors of the company on a day to day basis.
- Work in maintaining or improving operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Ensure maximum efficiency in space utilisation and space allocation by effective management of the room booking function (1 direct report)
- Assist and provide close support in organising moves and discussing with relevant stakeholders their space requirements and ensure appropriate and effective allocation of such
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Assist with support and information on several projects coming from the COO's office and the PMO team
- Oversee the printers contract for the Group
- Degree Educated (Essential)
- Master's Degree (Desirable)
- Excellent Customer Service experience
- Education and Training -- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups. Project management experience
- Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resource
- Working knowledge of Education Industry and National Qualification Framework.
- Understanding of student funding and Vocational studies application process
- Able to work in busy high volume environment
- Proven experience working towards tight deadlines
- Motivation and flexibility
- Commitment to the aims & objectives of the service.
- Knowledge and commitment regarding Equal Opportunities
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of; Operations Director, Head of Operations, Head of Resources, Director of Resource Planning, Head of Planning, Operations Manager, Resources Manager, Resource Planning Manager, may also be considered for this role.