Care Team Co-ordinator - Peripatetic
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You will be responsible for the coordination of the provision of effective and responsive domiciliary care support to a range of service user groups. You will have experience of working with older people, people with disability or other service user groups. Good
organisational and communication skills including use of a computer are essential as is the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and to work under pressure. The successful applicant will have an ability to motivate and lead a team of carers and will work to drive up the standard of care provided, promoting training and challenging poor practice and absence records. You will have knowledge of the needs and rights of older people and people with disability. You will use effective and appropriate communication with other professionals with regard to service users care needs.
Ability to travel within Aberdeenshire is essential.
SVQ3 in Social Care and/or proven level of experience and relevant knowledge is required as is current or previous line management experience.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 2 references. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquiries to: Trish Hopwood - 01467 536 404
Manage a ‘Care at Home’ service to deliver a high performance, customer focused quality service that meet the needs of the customer and ensures compliance to national Care standards and regulations
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
• Line management of Home Carers, ensuring that they undergo induction, training and ongoing development including team meetings, supervision, and Employee Annual Review, applying Aberdeenshire council HR policies, procedures and SSSC codes of practice
• Ensure that quality assurance assessments are being carried out to Care at Home standards, identifying training needs for home Carers where appropriate
• Work in accordance with National Care standards and Care at Home registration with the Care Inspectorate to ensure that a high quality service is delivered
• Communicate, liaise and participate effectively within a wider Health and Social Care Team
• Manage staffing budget and monitor expenses effectively
• Identify and initiate Home Carer recruitment when required, leading in the selection process
• Organise and lead monthly Home Carer meetings
• Operating an electronic scheduling rostering and monitoring system, to manage the effective provision of care at home to service users, ensuring that the needs of the service users are met.
Job Profile Care Team Co-ordinator 2015-03-19.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf