Home Care Assistant - Children & Infants with Complex Needs
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting a team of carer’s to provide assistance to clients in their own homes. Due to their complex health conditions and specialist care requirements they require permanent day, night and weekend support, 12 hours per night.
We are recruiting a fully employed, dedicated paediatric team committed to supporting these packages of care through flexible shift work. Full training and client specific introductions will be provided.
It is desirable that you have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Paediatric care
- Tracheostomy care
- PEG & Pump
- Learning Difficulties
- Challenging Behaviour
- Ventilator knowledge
- Autism Awareness
- Social Care / community care
Within this role you will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions as listed, through 12 hour care shifts. Duties will include administering medication, personal care and healthcare tasks to ensure that our client remains completely safe and comfortable through the day and night. You will be fully supported at all times by the qualified lead nurses that oversee this package of care.
You will form an integral part of the Newcross Care at Home team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with a personalised care and support plan.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to the nature and location of this role, access to your own transport, or being based locally is essential.
What we can offer you as a member of the Newcross Complex Care Team:
- Excellent salary, paid weekly plus night, weekend and bank holiday enhancements
- Structured days of work, planned days off, holiday pay
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for most clients
- Free uniform and criminal record (DBS) check
- Free ongoing training and uniform earned as you work
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download time sheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- You must have the ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- You must have at least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details must be provided for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care desireable but not essential
- Medication administration certificate highly preferable
- Must have suitable moving and handling training
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.