We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Canal & River Trust we are currently looking for Charity Fundraisers (Towpath/Street & Private Site) to join our friendly team based in Birmingham. The successful candidates will join us on a part time basis, working 30 hours per week and will receive an hourly rate of £9 per hour with a competitive commission structure. An Immediate start is available for the right candidate!
We are a charity entrusted with protecting and improving 2000 miles of waterways that flows through the most vibrant cities and countryside across England & Wales. The local canal and rivers provide a haven for people and nature, and the Canal & River Trust is here so you have a place to escape. This is a place where you can step off the pavement, onto the towpath and breathe.
Many people don’t realise that our waterways are only here thanks to the efforts of thousands of volunteers and the generous donations we receive from our Friends. To be able to continue to protect our waterways for future generations to come, we need people who share our passion for them. As a result we are looking for people to come on board as a multi-site fundraiser. Have a look at the role below and hopefully we’ll hear from you soon…
What’s the Charity Fundraiser role all about?
You will be speaking to people across various fundraising sites to raise awareness and get regular donations as part of our “become a friend” campaign by speaking to as many people as possible.
You will be responsible for sharing engaging stories of our historic network, captivating wildlife and idyllic locations.
You will work as part of a team to achieve the desired funding in order for the Canal & River Trust to continue further development along the waterways.
On occasions you will have the opportunity to assist with events and festivals.
What we’re looking for in our Charity Fundraiser
- Someone who has a genuine passion for the canal and river network in Britain.
- Ability to build relationships quickly with people through face to face engagement.
- A real love for the outdoors, whether it is through sport, leisure or nature.
- Excited about becoming part of a local team and help the charity to achieve its fundraising objective.
- Target driven mentality.
- The charisma to be able to inspire others.
Charity Fundraiser - Available shifts
Monday - Sunday
- 10am-6pm - 5 shifts per week - 30 hours per week - £9.00 per hour – Weekly pay!
- Competitive commission structure of up to £50 per week (based on 7-10 sign ups per week).
You must be over 18 to apply for the Charity Fundraiser role.
So what are you waiting for? If you feel up to the challenge and would like to join our team as our Charity Fundraiser then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!