Linux System Administrator
We are the market leading provider of 24/7 energy portfolio management services and software in Europe.
Our network infrastructure is vital to companies like Barclays, JP Morgan, Bank of America, BP, Shell, Centrica, Gazprom and many others.
We need you
We need your help to grow, improve and support our IT systems as we continue to expand. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a friendly, small and highly technical IT team where you can have a real impact.
Our infrastructure includes a diverse range of hardware, software, network communications and virtual environments. We need someone who enjoys variety in their work, likes to learn as well as getting things done, and is comfortable dealing with the in-depth technical aspects of IT.
- Network maintenance and support
- Maintenance of our disaster recovery site
- Server administration
- Database administration
- Desktop support including OS, Office and first line application support
- On-call out-of-office-hours support for our 24/7 operations team (on a weekly shift basis)
- VOIP and other telecoms
We are looking for a talented, hands-on System Administrator, so you must have solid, relevant commercial experience of:
- Linux/BSD administration
- Firewalls and routers
- Webservers (preferably IIS/Apache)
If you have experience of any the following, that would be great:
- Windows Server Administration (2008 R2+)
- Database Administration (SQL Server and Oracle)
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Encryption Technologies (OpenSSL)
- IPSec VPNs (StrongSwan/Cisco)
- Regular subsidised social events
- Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible hours
- Casual dress and a relaxed environment
- Fresh fruit - (because that's what every SysAdmin needs!)
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd like to see your CV, but we'd be more interested in receiving an email that explains why you'd like to join us, and why you think you'd be perfect for the job!
We think what you do is great, but we have this role covered so please do not contact us directly. If we need you we will call.