Our client is a small engineering company located in a rural setting in West Oxfordshire and specialising in the restoration of pre-war motorcars, particularly Rolls-Royce and Bentley, and manufacture spare parts for these vehicles; and have been doing so for about 40 years. Our client holds probably the biggest inventory of parts for the pre-war cars in the world.
The majority of parts that supplied are made in house in our client’s machine shop. Right now there is a vacancy available for a skilled person to help with the manufacture of parts and related tooling.
Our client is looking for a skilled and experienced machinist who is able to work unsupervised and to high standards.
- The nature of the work will include:
- One-off machining
- Small batch production – typically 5 off to 25 off
- Toolmaking, including the design of the tool lay-out
- The skills required should include the following:
CNC machining experience not essential
Experience or knowledge of the manufacture and refurbishment of automotive components an advantage.
- The materials to be machined will include the following:
- Steels, including alloy steels and stainless steel
- Bar stock
Machining of complex parts from solid billet
The successful candidate will be able to work either from drawings or patterns and maintain tight tolerances consistently.
If you feel that you meet the skills and requirements out client is looking for, then send in your CV by clicking the APPLY button below.