School Science Technician
Are you enthusiastic about your specialist subject of science? Do you have laboratory experience that you have used in an education environment before? Then please consider an application to Randstad Education!
We currently require a School Science Technician specialising in Physics for a temporary role in a Liverpool secondary school. The role is 35 hours per week term-time only, and has an immediate start; there is no end date at present as the position is permanent and cover is required until the school decide to advertise externally for the post.
Do you have the passion and drive to raise standards in a science department? If so then we ask that you also have:
- A degree qualification in any area of science would be desirable, particularly Physics
- Previous experience of working in a school laboratory for referencing purposes MUST be demonstrated; experience of preparing Physics practical lessons up to A Level in particular is desirable
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team of technicians, and a professional attitude
You would need to be available to start immediately. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team, providing a practical service to the staff and pupils of the school. Responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring all materials and equipment are ready for practical lessons and demonstrations, liaising with teaching staff for lesson planning
- Cleaning, storing and accounting for all equipment and stock
- Undertaking of safety checks and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Maintaining filing systems and correct paperwork for stock orders and keeping the department tidy
- Keeping relevant Health and Safety knowledge up-to-date eg COSHH requirements
- Assisting teaching staff in the running of practical sessions for pupils, and undertaking other duties as directed
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist 'School Support Services' consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks. If you are suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the school soon after.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Catherine Stockford, your specialist Support Services consultant, via email or telephone at the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education.