Functional Skills Team Leader
TEAM LEADER - Functional Skills
Hours:37 per week
Reporting to: Head of Apprenticeships
Hart Learning & Development is a progressive learning and development business which supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent. We start with our clients' ambitions, plans and challenges in mind. Everything we do is about helping businesses to improve and grow.
We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader for work based learning. They will hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy, Assessment qualification e.g. A1, L3 TAQA and IQA qualification e.g. V1, L4 TAQA. The role is based in Letchworth Garden City but you will need to be prepared to travel and work some evenings to meet client requirements.
Participate in monitoring quality of teaching and learning in the team and feed back to Head of Apprenticeships
- Monitor quality of teaching and learning materials and OneFile set up and use in line Hart standards
- Co-ordinate set up of new programmes as directed (to include OneFile plans, timetables, rooming, learner registrations)
- Manage claims and exits of learners
- Manage IQA function in team as per strategies
- Support IQA's in organising and managing EV communications and visits
- Co-ordinate learner enrolments/sign ups
- Organise cohort and group delivery,
- Organise and manage teams use of SharePoint area
- Ensure staff undertake training, CPD, back to the floor and keep up to date with college and departmental policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for delivering success rate targets within the business area
- Support the transition to Apprenticeship standards for own business area
- Carry out some IQA activity as part of the role
- Lead on Team meetings,
- Support the work of the delivery team towards outstanding delivery
- Engage and liaise with key employers to monitor learners progress and ensure employer satisfaction
The post holder will be expected to have:
- The necessary skillset and experience to plan and deliver outstanding training programmes and workshops.
- A minimum of a Level 3 work based qualification with extensive experience required.
- Level 2 qualifications in literacy and numeracy
- Assessment qualification e.g. A1, L3 TAQA
- IQA qualification e.g. V1, L4 TAQA
- The necessary experience, skills and personal qualities to develop outstanding relationships with both internal and external clients.
- The necessary skills to observe students in their workplace, providing support and guidance to enable them to gain their desired qualifications.
- The experience to know when and how to make interventions to ensure student progress is successful and sustainable through reviews and tutorials.
- High ethical and professional standards with the ability to engage effectively with internal and external clients.
- A sound knowledge of a range of IT applications including OneFile.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to identify commercial opportunities to maximise income within the department in line with the college's strategic plan.
- An amenable attitude to change and meeting business needs
If you are looking for a new position in a growing company please apply today.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.