Campus Manager - Shipley Campus
ONLY APPLICATIONS COMPLETED ON THE COLLEGE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE CONSIDERED
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
- To manage the day to day administrative and reception service tasks, with oversight responsibilities for the campus. The postholder will ensure the efficient and effective running of the campus by liaising with other members of staff and external bodies, where appropriate.
- MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
- Welcoming visitors to the campus and directing them to the appropriate member of staff or location within the campus.
- To liaise with Curriculum Managers in order to support and enforce timetabling matters.
- Liaise with external organizations with a view to increasing College income
- Liaise with Curriculum Managers to develop the Curriculum at the Centre and ensure quality and professional approach to the delivery of provision at the centre.
- To be the safeguarding lead at the Centre.
- Take responsibility to coordinate the operations of the campus, through consultation and mediation.
- Be involved in the implementation of policies, procedures and protocols on the campus as agreed by College management.
- Operating the Centre telephone system, taking messages and answering general enquiries from the public.
- Handling student enquiries and supplying course information, working in conjunction with the College's Admissions team
- Supporting students to complete enrolment procedure. Checking enrolment forms for completion and assisting with enrolment queries.
- Receiving, receipting and banking College income.
- Administrative duties relating to examinations, certificates and results.
- Assisting with general cross-college administration tasks
- Coordinating and supporting activities within the campus, including any organizing work for evening reception staff.
- Recording of incidents/accidents and assisting with Health and Safety and First Aid procedures.
- Assisting with emergency procedures in the event of a major incident.
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by your line manager which may include temporary cover at other Colleges campuses.
The postholder is expected to act at all times in manner that encourages equality of opportunity for all Students, Staff and Visitors to the College and also to adhere to their responsibilities as required to ensure a safe and healthy environment in which to work and study. Further details on both these issues can be found in the College Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety Policy which are widely available including in College libraries and on the College intranet.
A Disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service may be a requirement of employment. Please note that a record of a conviction may not automatically prevent a candidate from receiving an unconditional offer of employment.
North Shropshire College is Positive About Disabled People.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Previous experience in a customer service/office environment
Excellent ICT skills
Good standard of maths and English
Ability to use databases, spreadsheets, desk-top publishing software and familiarity with Windows Software.
Willing to work as part of a team
Able to work flexibly and be willing to take on new or different tasks as required
Ability to handle student enquiries in a sensitive manner
Good communication skills
Pleasant and confident telephone manner
Good organizational skills
Good time management
Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
Able to cope with a varied work role including filing and photocopying