Administration Assistant - Clinical Negligence
Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for an Administration Assistant to join the Clinical Negligence team based in Taunton. You will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
The purpose of the Administration Assistant role is to support the team by dealing with the bulk of the day to day administrative tasks so as to ensure a first class client service, the smooth running of the team and an effective allocation of work.
Key responsibilities as our Administration Assistant will include:
- Responsible for the prompt weeding and archiving of files, ensuring that key documents are marked for permanent retention.
- Where physical files are held, taking responsibility for filing and maintaining the files in a good order. Where electronic files are held, ensuring that all documents are scanned to the correct location and labelled accordingly.
- Printing and binding documents and arranging other documents to be enclosed with letters,
- Answering the telephone and taking messages where appropriate.
- In conjunction with team members, billing files at the appropriate time, and dealing with cash management.
- BACS, CHAPS, cheque requests, transfers between accounts
- Receiving completed dictations, filing to the document management system once approved by fee earner, printing, arranging signature and posting.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of the team’s client records in the firm’s databases.
- Providing support to the team with other tasks when appropriate, to include dealing with expense claims, travel bookings, appointment bookings
- To ensure a quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies
What makes you the perfect Administration Assistant?
- Strong communication skills are required for this role, particularly over the telephone.
- Strong IT skills with an in depth understanding of MS Outlook and MS Word is essential. A good understanding of Excel is helpful. Training will be provided in relation to other software packages.
- Well organised with the ability and desire to work within a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- The capability to work well and flourish within a team environment. Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally.
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing work practices and pro-actively get involved with continuous improvement of service, products and processes.
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 450 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the new Administration Assistant in our Clinical Negligence team then please click “Apply” today!