Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
£Competitive Plus Pension, 25 Days' Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Childcare Vouchers, Bike to Work Scheme
Ordnance Survey produces digital map data, online route planning and sharing services and mobile apps, plus many other location-based products so you know exactly where you are. Through the success of our mapping data we’ve also attracted the attention of governments across the world who want what we have in Great Britain; so we help other countries to build the same capabilities in quality data accumulation and management
Imagine a job where….
You are working within a team that is at the very centre of business change within Ordnance Survey. This is a role you won’t want to miss as you’ll have the opportunity to dramatically improve our project delivery capability to support our diverse and exciting investment programme.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be joining a newly formed team responsible for supporting the business in managing change and investments. You will be involved in a wide variety of exciting projects, from developing and launching new products and services, to replacing the infrastructure that underpins some of our core data. You’ll help us define and enhance our project management practice to achieve excellence in project delivery whilst coaching and mentoring our Associate Project Managers.
What we look for:
- Demonstrable track record in delivering a large number of complex projects preferably using Agile methodology
- Experience of effectively managing key stakeholders
- Practitioner level qualification in Project Management (eg: PRINCE2, APMP)
- Experience in mentoring and coaching project management teams
- Excellent planning and budgeting skills
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools and techniques
Ideally you will have worked in both the commercial and public sector and will have managed budgets in excess of £2m.
Within OS you will have the opportunity to develop and progress within the company. You’ll hone your relationship and project management skills. You’ll contribute your ideas and feedback to drive solutions forward to meet customer needs. You’ll be part of a strong team, dedicated to great customer service.
- Join a great pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Flexible working
- Enjoy retail, leisure, sports, health and technology discounts
- Paid volunteer day
- Training and development opportunities to keep your skills current
- If appropriate, you could benefit from part time hours, job sharing, partial retirement, working remotely
- Get involved in social clubs including running, volleyball, yoga, photography and our choir
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers, child care vouchers, health checks and even massages to relax you
We're passionate about the four core values that make up our organisation: we're adventurous, incisive, restless and true.
Adventurous – New technology and new markets mean that location data opens up more opportunities than ever before.
Incisive – We find simple solutions to complex problems, always looking for clarity and imaginative connections.
Restless – We recognise our work for our customers is never done.
True- We give our customers precise and productive solutions to their location problems
To apply for the role of Senior Project Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Change Project Manager, Project Team Manager, Process Change Manager, Change Manager, Agile Project Manager.