Teacher of Technical Education
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers who are committed to excellence and ready to work in a dynamic part of Scotland.
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered.
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference, this must be your current or most recent employer
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Informal enquiries to: Graeme Cowie 01467 621655
Aberdeenshire Council recognises that in order to recruit and retain high quality employees across the organisation it is necessary to have a competitive relocation and resettlement scheme. The purpose of the scheme is to compensate employees for reasonable expenses directly incurred as a result of a change in their primary residence. The change must be wholly or mainly to bring their residence within a reasonable daily travelling distance of the place where they will normally perform their work. Relocation Package of up to £8,000 (conditions apply).
Deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute, within collegiate ethos, to
the professional life of the school in relation to pupils, staff and appropriate external
bodies within the agreements of the Local Negotiating Committee for Teachers and the
Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service
delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
• Deliver quality learning and teaching in accordance with 3-18 curriculum guidelines and
Aberdeenshire Council policy and guidelines
• Manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning
• Develop the attainment and achievement of all pupils by promoting positive outcomes
and wider achievement for a diverse range of pupil
• Promote equality of opportunity and ensure a commitment to inclusive education,
recognise and respect the views of young people
• Assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching
and learning approaches
• Prepare pupils for examinations, where required, and assist with their administration
• Participate in the professional and collegiate work of the school
• Contribute to the formation and implementation of school and departmental curriculum
and improvement plans
• Support the health, safety and wellbeing of young people in the school
• Operate within Aberdeenshire Council’s framework for Quality Assurance and
• Registered with GTC Scotland
• Participation in professional update
Knowledge of current planning and assessment procedures, and good
understanding of national and local curriculum policies
• Able to work effectively as part of a team, be adaptable and be able to
communicate well orally and in written form
• Able to create a motivating, learning environment and programmes of work,
which take account of individual pupil needs, and be committed to working
collegiately and in partnership with parents
• Experience of mentoring or coaching student or probationary teachers
• Competent in the use of ICT, including application to learning and
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Teacher.pdf