Branch Manager & Business Advisor
Work with inspiring and ambitious entrepreneurs every day
Social enterprise. Social entrepreneurs. Full time role. Mid level, 1 direct report, 1 remote. High social impact. Business Development. Consulting. Operations. Partnerships.
Our client is one of the most successful delivery partners for the Government-backed Startup Loans Scheme which provides funding, mentoring and support to UK startup businesses. We promote entrepreneurship and enterprise growth and as a social enterprise have directly helped more than 1500 companies access more than £15M of funding.
The primary focus of this role is assessing the viability of the many applications we receive and providing business advice and assistance to help applicants apply successfully to the scheme. You’ll have a direct impact on helping applicants plan, launch and grow their businesses. You’ll meet applicants face to face or via Skype. You’ll also lead the busy Birmingham office with one local and one remote team member.
We need you to exhibit the company's quality values in all activities. Monitor, evaluate, and improve the local operations to ensure a consistent application of best practice across the regions. You will be responsible for setting local strategy and running operations from the very beginning with support from the SUD team in London and Liverpool. You will develop and work with local partners, councils, and chamber of commerce to further develop the region. Ultimately you are expected to lead the business in day-to-day operations including strategy, goal-setting, meeting applicants and hitting monthly targets for businesses supported.
- Develop and train your team to ensure they reach their potential
- Assist applicants with their business and financial plans to assess viability
- Contribute to and deliver business plan training workshops
- Contribute to the national and local marketing plans
- Ensure the region meets defined targets and KPIs
- Form and grow a local mentor community
- Build a local referral network to generate both applicant and mentor leads
- Help formulate and apply all company policies, procedures and processes
Preferred knowledge and experience
- Strong experience gained from starting and growing a business OR 2+ years of business advising or consulting
- Experience in assessing business plans & financial forecasts
- Good knowledge of key business processes and aspects that affect the success of a business startup
- Strong networking skills and the ability to make local partnerships
- High attention to detail, well organised, and the ability to work under pressure
- Emphatic listener and open communicator
- Well-developed training, coaching, mentoring and motivational skills
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM systems
- Bonus: direct credit assessment expertise gained from the banking or investment sector
- Bonus: experience in working with mentors and support agencies
- Bonus: business administration qualified / MBA
Do your part to make a difference and help the British economy grow and prosper. Send your pdf application today, with covering letter.
£28-30,000 + bonus
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits.