A fantastic opportunity has arisen at the UKs leading print and digital publishing brands. Trinity Mirror plc is looking for a Marketing Executive to join their Marketing team. Do you have a real passion for Marketing and Media and want the opportunity to develop in a leading organisation? Then read on...
Reporting to the Head of Regional Marketing, you will raise the profile, relevancy and importance of our news brands (cross-platform) to consumers and advertisers.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands (Daily Mirror, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Scottish Daily Record and Sunday Mail to name a few) provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
What you'll be doing
You'll be raising the profile of our brands in Cambridge in a creative, modern, remarkable and interesting way that get our brands talked about positively.
Key to the role will be working closely and collaboratively with key partners across the local and regional businesses to plan a calendar/roadmap of content and promotions which maximises newspaper sales opportunities, but also contributes to commercial opportunities and audience engagement.
The role will require you to respond quickly to marketplace opportunities and breaking news to creatively capitalise upon them profitably and in line with our marketing and audience goals.
In order to success in this role, you will:
- Be creative, innovative modern thinker with positive digital approach and a passion for media
- Self-starter with drive and determination to deliver objectives
- Excellent planning/organisational skill, proven time management skills
- Excellent PR and communication skills - written and aural to deliver complex ideas and concepts in a clear understandable format at all levels
- Strong organisational skills with an aptitude for detail
- Proven track record of building positive relationships at all levels within a complex organisation and to external businesses for the benefit of both parties
- Proven track record in event planning/management
- Passionate user of new digital media and technology for example apps, devices, blogs, social platforms
- Commercial aptitude is required, whilst experience of sourcing sponsorship / partnerships would be advantageous
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 33 days holidays including Bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
The closing date for this role is Friday 28th October, 2016. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.