European Industrials Associate
The Associate will be part of the Global Equities Industrials team and will report to the European Industrials Portfolio Manager in the London office. The Associate will conduct analysis of Industrials stocks and make investment recommendations and decisions based upon his/her independent research and analysis.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing knowledge of Industrials companies to perform detailed valuation and financial modeling both in Excel and within proprietary applications
- Considering various scenarios and catalysts, and the resulting valuation sensitivity / market reaction
- Analyzing related drivers such as supply chain and customer analyses, macroeconomic issues, trade and regulatory issues, and historical trends
- Evaluating material news events relevant to companies under coverage
- Conducting channel checks and surveys within the supply and distribution channel of relevant companies
- Maintaining data and analysis of relevant industry metrics
- Evaluating new coverage opportunities
- Gaining an understanding of all proprietary and available third party technology applications, and how they can be applied to teams' research process
- Formulating investment decisions
- Valuation experience and an appropriate level of experience in the Industrials sector
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in economics, finance, engineering, computer science or relevant degree from a top-tier university.
- Relevant European industry sector experience in investment banking, equity research or related experience at a top-tier financial institution.
- Excellent Excel modeling skills, with an aptitude for technology preferred.
- Experience coordinating priorities with multiple constituencies within a global team
- Experience in meeting with Company Management teams and conducting independent research and analysis
- Extremely professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in an extremely fast-paced environment
Closing date: 5 November 2016