Senior Support Engineer
Our client is a large, leading regional IT Solutions Company and Sage Accredited Business Partner based in Hull that are actively looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer to work within their Technical Support team, providing advice, guidance and technical solutions to businesses including servers, desktop and network based solutions as well as assisting with internal systems.
You will have experience of working in an IT support role (both hardware and day to day software), have excellent interpersonal skills, be solution focused and enjoy working to tight deadlines. You will be expected to travel within the Humber region to visit clients on site if needed so candidates should possess a full driving license.
Part of the role will include some hands-on input in to the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of server infrastructure both hosted and onsite. You will also be expected to support clients and internal departments with regards to the introduction of new solutions that will improve business efficiency and effectiveness.
You will need to be flexible as you may be required to work outside normal office hours in order to meet the needs of customers. The successful applicant will also be required to be part of an on-call rota.
You will be responsible for:
- 2nd/3rd line support, management and infrastructure development of Customers
- Support, management and development of Company internal systems
- Onsite visits & installations
- Management of technical projects, reporting to the IT Manager or Technical Team Lead
Experience of working with the following systems is desirable:
- Microsoft Client Operating Systems & Applications
- Microsoft Exchange
- Active Directory, Group Policies, PowerShell
- Office 365 Exposure
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Hyper-V inc Clustering
- Server 2008R2, 2012R2, Microsoft Small Business Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- PC & Peripherals Hardware & Software fault finding
- System Backups & Maintenance
- Networking & Cabling
- VPN connectivity.
- Anti-Virus Management and deployment.
- Draytek routers, SonicWALL firewalls
The organisation is willing to provide the successful candidate with training if they can demonstrate a good general understanding but lack technical experience in some of the areas above.
- Technical Support Experience: 3 years
- Very strong all round technical competence;
- MCSE Qualification (working towards as a minimum)