An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Traffic Planner to join The Canute Group based in Gamston.
The Canute Group continue to be one of the fastest growing, global supply chain providers operating today providing a range of logistic solutions including road haulage, freight forwarding, supply chain management and storage solutions.
This role is primarily responsible for the dynamic scheduling of fleet deliveries across the UK, using our in house planning software GTS / ESP along with more traditional methods of planning, ie traffic sheets and vehicle / driver diaries.
As a Traffic Planner your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Daily planning & allocation of vehicles to loads.
- Subcontracting loads.
- Data recording & handling.
- Excel spread sheet maintenance.
- Driver debrief duties.
- Day to day Driver management.
- Managing of Driver Infringements.
- Planning vehicles for service/MOT.
- Customer liaison.
- Dealing with other Canute depots and assisting where necessary.
An ideal Traffic Planner will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Numerate and literate
- Good attention to detail
- PC literate with an aptitude for software applications
- Experienced in transport operations
- Familiar with WTD and Tachograph regulations
- Willing and able to learn new skills and work with a can do attitude
The hours of work are likely to be:
- Monday to Friday with occasional weekend working when required, with rotating flexible hours around 10hrs per day (to be agreed) between 13:00 to 22:00 as required by our clients workload requirements.
In return for this you will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay
- 28 days holiday per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Cashplan (employee funded)
- Death In Service benefit
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52812034 / INDMP