Legal Support Assistant - Corporate /Commercial
Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for a Legal Support Assistant to join the Corporate & Commercial team based in Bristol. You will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
The purpose of the Legal Support Assistant role is to provide high quality administrative and other support services within the team to enable the efficient delivery of the team operational strategy. Specifically the areas of involvement will include Client and Business Development / Prospective Client Engagement Activities, Team and File Operational Activities and Team Finance and Risk Activities.
Key responsibilities as our Legal Support Assistant will include:
- Organising travel and meetings
- Finance and Risk Management - assisting Matter Partners and other fee earners with managing monthly billing procedures, cash collection and credit control processes.
- Dealing with all file management tasks to ensure full compliance with Foot Anstey practices and procedures
- Business Development (in conjunction with the Client Development Team and the Lead LSA/Group Co-ordinator)
- Building contact and marketing lists and managing and tracking of client/BD activity and referrals leads
- Assisting with production of pitches and capability statements within the agreed house format
- Taking responsibility for other administrative business development tasks for the team
- Assisting with Client research and building relationships – the LSA client relationship role.
- Organising travel for fee earners and partners in line with firm policies and to maximize benefit in regards to budget.
- Dealing with file opening and accompanying maintenance procedures alongside the central file opening function
- Managing diaries and co-ordinating travel and meetings.
- Dealing with file closing tasks, to include all file closing activities
- Expenses - completing and sending off all expenses forms
What makes you the perfect Legal Support Assistant?
- A positive and practical approach with the ability to identify and implement opportunities to develop your own and the team support services to fee earners
- Ability to support fee earners through proactive interaction and understanding of their support needs
- Ability to understand and interpret complex tasks
- Ability to interact with clients up to the delegated level of authority, building positive relationships
- Excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a willingness to learn new computer packages
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 500 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the new Legal Support Assistant in our Corporate & Commercial team then please click “Apply” today!