Payroll & Benefits Advisor
Trinity Mirror plc is looking for a Payroll & Benefits Advisor to join their busy payroll team in Liverpool. This newly created role is a key role within the function which holds responsibility for an efficient and effective delivery. Reporting in to the Head of Payroll, you will support the function advising on the compensation and benefits process across the wider group.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc , with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing over six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands (Daily Mirror, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Sunday Mail to name a few) provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
We're looking for a dynamic and driven Payroll professional who has worked in a large, fast-paced, high volume environment. You'll have proven experience with P11D and will be able to rapidly build strong, working relationships with lots of different, key stakeholder. Ideally, you'll hold a CIPP qualification (or equivalent) and have an understanding of Resource link (non-essential).
You will be from a payroll shared services background and be familiar with managing the end-to-end process. You will feel comfortable in a busy environment, working as a team or independently to produce accurate data within set timeframes.
What you'll be doing
In order to succeed in this role you will:
- support the benefits scheme across the group - including salary sacrifice and flexi benefits
- input and manipulate payroll data in the system to resolve queries and prepare monthly reports
- support with calculating and recording sickness payments (both statutory and occupational)
- staying up to date on all payroll legislation and any changes
- act as a first point of contact for employees and managers for payroll issue and help them resolve their enquiry
- have a strong Microsoft Excel skill set
- ensure an effective payroll service is provided to Trinity Mirror plc employees and budget holders
- process data for all staff changes including new starters, leavers and other employee amendments that are necessary
- process relevant Inland Revenue forms including P45 and P46
- produce accurate monthly finance reports
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary depending on experience, a competitive pension, various company benefits and 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
The closing date for this role is 21st October 2016. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.