Purchaser / Buyer / Procurement Officer
Job Title: Buyer / Purchasing Lead
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Closing Date: November 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the company's Portsmouth based business for a Buyer / Purchasing Lead within the claims fulfilment / repairs team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced buyer or purchasing / procurement professional to join the business at a pivotal time for this dynamic, fast-paced Company.
This is a key role for the profitability of the business and, as such, professional and technical knowledge is expected of key areas of Buying and procurement. The role also requires a level of business and commercial awareness.
A proven history of successful buying within a mobile phone, gadget or retail electronic environment, with full responsibility for ensuring suppliers and products meet the profitability, quality and service level targets set by the business.
- Setting and delivery of the departmental buying strategy in line with the business strategy.
- Driving customer response & fulfilment
- Accountability for the planning & delivery of a balanced range, within an agreed pricing architecture in line with company financial profit
- Providing support to operational and finance teams to include raising orders and processing requisitions
- Ensuring correct products are ordered and received at all times
- Ensuring internal systems are updated accurately
- Be commercially aware of the company & departmental goals and requirements
- Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers & internal personnel at all levels
- Taking part in cross departmental working teams as required to meet organisational objectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, utilising initiative to resolve problems Work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to define and continually improve processes to ensure delivery of critical path and drive process improvements
- Be able to work within a small and demanding team environment without significant direction
- Good education, ideally to degree level or equivalent
- Accounting/ERP system experience
- Excellent administrative skills, with a proven track record of administrative diligence
- Excellent Customer Service skills - to include a responsive, customer service orientated approach to internal stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time, and work flexibly when required to ensure tasks are completed
- Ability to work proactively and with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work successfully with a wide range of people, and with the enthusiasm to succeed in a busy team environment
- Ability to use Windows based software, to include Excel, Word and Email
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Buyer, Purchaser, Buying Advisor, Buying Assistant, Purchasing Advisor, Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchasing Consultant, Buying Consultant, Procurement Consultant, Assistant Procurement Officer, Assistant Buyer, Assistant Purchaser will also be considered for this role.