Our client’s performance as a world class interior component manufacturer is built upon a recognisable culture of quality driven by a passion for innovation, durability and refined comfort. Because of constant growth within the company, our client is currently looking for a NPI Engineer to join their team.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the NPI Manager, this role is specifically focused on the New Product Engineering side of the department. The role will be holistically responsible for the introduction of new product and will hold the following principal responsibilities;
- Serves as overall facilitator for the development of the product programs
- Plans, directs and controls all activities relating to the New Product Introduction (NPI) including APQP, SQA, Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing Engineering
- Manage high value product programs proactively from acquisition to start of production to ensure timing and objectives are met for all customer milestones and oversee product development.
- Interface with required functional disciplines and departments for program support and to ensure the program meets the customer requirements.
- Assures appropriate program planning to confirm that product development is consistent with established program objectives and company needs
- Conducts all phase and gate reviews on a basis to suit the program needs.
- Works closely with the plant personnel for the purpose of accomplishing the program requirements.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Facilitates Executive-Level interaction between the company, the customer and plant personnel.
- Coordinates and maintains communications with the design and operations staff and our customer for all program activities.
- Verify the implementation of solutions (Quality System, Drawings & Prototype Product).
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Responsible for delivering programs on time, to the correct quality, and at the right cost
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience of Just in Time
- Experience of First Tier Supply to major OEM
- Good IT skills and general knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Proactive approach but must have the ability to make decisions based on experience and data.
- Recognized technical qualification – ONC/HND
- The knowledge to read technical drawings and engineering specifications and basic Catia/CAD skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to create timing plans/ APQP deliverables
Applicants should be flexible, dedicated, hard-working and passionate about what they do. In return, they will be joining one of the most exciting UK manufacturing firms in the region with great development opportunities, further training support available and the opportunity to work in a rewarding and stimulating workplace.