Plastic Processing Setter/Operator / Plastic Technician
Job Title: Print Setter
Salary: £21k - £24k including shift allowance depending on experience.
Hours: Your working hours will be 40 per week on a rotating 3 shift pattern:
Earlies 06:00 - 14:00
Lates 14:00 - 22:00
Nights 22:00 - 06:00
The company was founded in 1969 and today holds a position as European market leader in innovative plastics packaging solutions for the food industry. During this time, we have specialised in innovative and optimised packaging solutions for ready meals, fresh meat and cold foods and snacks. The company holds an unrivalled position as a strong, international player. The company's headquarters is located in Holstebro and they employ more than 1100 people spread across seven production sites in Denmark, UK, Czech Republic and Spain, as well as multiple sales offices covering all of Europe.
Reporting to the Technical Print Manager you will be required to support the running of the print area production lines to the required standards ensuring all procedures are adhered to.
You will also be required to comply with all operating and quality standards and ensure the print area standards for hygiene are followed.
- The ideal candidate should have basic experience of working within a manufacturing environment and have good mechanical aptitude.
- Printing knowledge would be advantageous.
- You will need to be able to understand and communicate effectively with other employees and it's important that you can work effectively with your team, peers and colleagues.
- You should also have basic IT skills , good physical fitness
The hours of work will be an 8hr rotating shift covering 24/5 during training going to a 24/7 continental style shift pattern.
- Running the pot print and lid print lines
- Changing machine tooling and print plates as of the standards
- Cleaning and basic maintenance of print machinery
- Colour matching
- Reducing downtime and waste
- Maintaining quality records
- Booking pallets on the company's stock control system
- Printing labels
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience, skills, or previous job titles of; Print Setter, Print Production, Manufacturing Operative, Print Operative, Print Machine Operative, Print Machine Maintenance may also be considered for this role.