Shipping & Logistics Compliance Officer
AerFin Limited has a unique opportunity available for a Shipping & Logistics Compliance Officer to join the team in Caerphilly, South Wales. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary.
AerFin Limited provides aircraft and engine end of life solutions to the commercial aviation sector involving the technical and financial analysis of aircraft and engineering materials management services. CarVal investors, a subsidiary of CarGill, recently acquired a majority shareholding in AerFin as a platform for significant investment in the acquisition of aircraft and engines well beyond the eleven aircraft acquisition that AerFin recently announced with Hong Kong based Cathay Pacific Airlines. AerFin has announced their Caerphilly based operations as the main distribution centre for a global aviation parts distribution centre.
The Shipping & Logistics Compliance Officer reports directly to the VP Operations & Quality (TBD) and is responsible for the control of all AerFin shipments including IPR Reporting, Import & Export Record keeping, Quantum data integrity and Known Consignor shipping methods. The Shipping & Logistics Compliance Officer is also responsible for co-ordinating international shipments and ensuring documentation accuracy and customs recording prior to any shipments taking place.
The role could require the individual to travel and as a result you must be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner.
What are the responsibilities of the Shipping & Logistics Compliance Officer?
- Controlling AerFin shipments internationally by Road, Air or Sea freight.
- Control of shipping with goods categorised as Dangerous Goods. (DG)
- Liaising/negotiating freight rates with freight forwarders and courier companies.
- Issuing Shipping Documentation and instructions for customs clearances.
- Dealing with insurance claims.
- Obtaining and maintain supporting documentation as required by HMRC and all other Customs regimes.
- HMRC Monthly despatch and EC Sales List declarations.
- Control of Secured/Security Cargo (Known Consignor).
- Import/Export shipping control.
- Liaising with internal departments for all shipping requirements and external customer base
- Inward Processing Relief (IPR), Customs Warehouse (CW) and Cert of Airworthiness (CofA) customs regimes management.
- Checking Freight, Duty and VAT payments.
- ISPM-15 and ATA spec 300 compliance.
- Control of stock via QUANTUM.
- Create and maintain AerFin Shipping Manual.
Skills & experience we are looking will include:
- Relevant industry experience in a shipping and logistics role.
- Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in a suitable field or relevant discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of HMRC requirements, INCO terms, international and domestic freight industry and aerospace specific logistics.
- Forklift Truck Licence
- Quantum user
- General aviation experience
- HAZMAT and DG transportation
- CIPS qualification
Ability to lead & organise priorities and manage workloads effectively
Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all departments within the business
Identify continuous improvement opportunities and actively encourage team member buy in.
Actively inspire and encourage his/her team during all situations.
- While performing the duties in relation to this post, the employee is required to stand, walk, bend and use appropriate tooling required for the task including the use of IT equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Fork Lift Truck Operator (Training provided where required).
- Overhead Crane Gantry Operator (Training provided where required)
- Quantum user (Training provided where required)
- All training will be provided where required through a recognised training provider.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join one the foremost aftermarket material supply and technical advisory organisations as our Shipping & Logistics Compliance Officer.