Trainee Health & Safety Administrator
GHPC Group Ltd is a small but rapidly growing company, offering a number of different services to several FTSE 100 companies within the construction industry and is looking for a candidate with excellent written English and vocabulary, a keen eye for detail, excellent computer skills and above all the enthusiasm to develop their career with the company.
Working within a Construction Consultancy, the Trainee Health & Safety Administrator role will be split between providing support to the Admin Team while also training with the Health & Safety Team.
As this is an entry level position, experience is not required – GHPC actively welcomes school/college leavers and graduates. We would envisage that the successful applicant will develop their career with the company over the next few years - and through relevant training, experience and industry courses, will eventually work towards having a full time position within the Health & Safety Team.
As a Trainee Health & Safety Administrator your duties will include:
- Act as first point of contact for the company on a daily basis: responsibility for answering telephones, receiving clients/guests, etc.
- Managing corporate documents, including issuing/receiving information to/from clients files and logging appropriately on the company server
- Provision of administrative support to technical staff - diary management, appointments, client requests, correspondence, travel arrangements etc.
- General company administration - dealing with post, insurances, contracts etc.; maintaining exceptionally well-organised electronic filing systems
- Monitoring & maintaining office welfare standards, stationery, office consumables and general running of Company offices
- Dealing with suppliers, co-ordinating orders and deliveries and finding the best deals for the company
- Provision of support to Health & Safety Team to assist with several administrative duties, including data entry, spreadsheets and document formatting
- Preparation and co-ordination of electronic Health & Safety documents, including assessing information in surveys and reports
- Site visits to record and photograph site information, boundaries and traffic access restrictions, to identify potential site-specific risks
- Liaison with Clients, Consultants and Contractors, to obtain and manage information required for the compilation of documents
As a Trainee Health & Safety Administrator you will hold the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills are essential. Ability to converse confidently with people - excellent written & spoken English with a keen eye for detail is absolutely essential for the role
- Excellent telephone manner & ability to remain calm in all situations
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual able to work independently and unsupervised/integrate well as a team member
- Willingness to learn and ability to apply knowledge in a considered, systemised manner
- Well-organised individual with the ability to prioritise workload with flexibility to multi-task
- IT literate and competent, experienced user of all Microsoft Office software - high level of competence expected in both Word & Excel
- A professional and diplomatic approach to business and Client requirements and the ability to quickly and accurately read situations is essential
- Smart (business appropriate) appearance, discreet nature, flexible attitude and a general commitment to do what it takes to get the job done
- A full, clean UK Driving Licence is preferred (but not essential).
This position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis. A standard six-month probationary period will start from the date of commencement of employment. Hours of work are reasonably flexible; provided office and company needs are met in full and minimum weekly hours are covered.
What we can offer you:
- A salary of £14,000 - £17,000 per annum depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- A Company Pension Scheme available after successful completion of the probationary period.
- A private company medical scheme, available after successful completion of the probationary period.
- An individual development programme developed with Line Managers.
To apply for this position please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52731128 / INDLP