1st/2nd Line Helpdesk Analyst
My client, a well-established software solutions organisation is looking for a 1st/2nd Line Support Technician to join a very friendly, expanding team. My client has a 30 year history working within the hospitality, retail and catering sectors with some of the UK’s largest & most-recognizable brands.
As a result of both continued expansion and the continued development of a product portfolio, an opportunity has arisen for a Support Technician to join the Support Team. The Helpdesk Analyst will provide 1st/2nd line service desk support to customers. You will assist them with hardware and software problems via phone, email and in person within the organisation's EPoS environment.
- Experience in Installing, repairing, diagnosing, maintaining and upgrading all Software and Hardware.
- Troubleshooting technical issues within a prompt timeframe.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot in house EPoS Application.
- Taking ownership of support calls until a satisfactory resolution is reached.
- Escalation of complex issues to 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of EPoS, Windows, and networking problems to help minimize downtime.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot EPoS hardware such as printers, cash drawers, and line displays.
- Participation in on-call rota for weekend and bank holiday support.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Sound understanding of EPoS operations as well as business related processes and procedures
- Understanding of Server/Client setups
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking principles for troubleshooting purpose
- Experience in using VNC and other remote access tools
- Excellent technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of all Windows Operating Systems
- Experience of Microsoft Services and Web Services
- Knowledge of routers and switches, as well as firewalls
- TCP/IP Experience