Senior Embedded Software Engineer
CyDen, Senior Embedded Software Engineer
West of Cardiff
Competitive salary + bonus + flexible working
CyDen is a British health and beauty company and the leading developer of intense pulsed light (IPL) beauty devices for home based hair removal. Founded in 2002, it is highly ambitious and fast growing, with plans to double its turnover of c£17m in the next few years. As part of its strategy for growth, CyDen is committed to designing and developing new applications for its highly innovative technology and launching its products into new international markets. The company is, therefore, seeking to expand and strengthen its team with a critical new appointment to its highly talented engineering department.
- Reporting to the Head of Electronics and Software, design, develop and maintain embedded software used to control product systems, including software code and PC-based test and diagnostic software.
- Ensure all software is designed and tested in accordance with company procedures and relevant international (household and medical) standards.
- Produce software related documentation that meets the requirements of IEC 60335-1, IEC 60601-1 and IEC 62304 within a 13486 QMS environment.
- Investigate field issues and implement corrective actions as required.
- At least 5 years’ experience of designing and developing embedded software systems and a HNC/HND in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong programming experience, including C for embedded code, and C# & C++ for PC applications.
- Experience of working with embedded software development tools. Knowledge of Keil Microvision IDE and of working with STM32 microprocessors would be particularly beneficial.
- An innovative and creative thinker who is comfortable working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider technical team.
Please apply in confidence by sending your CV and salary details by email to email@example.com. For further information please call 02920 783050.