Customer Services Coordinator
Customer Services Coordinator £21k pa
The British Psychological Society is the professional body for psychologists in the UK with over 50,000 members. The Customer Service Team is the first point of contact for members and the public. We manage the Society's main switchboard; provide psychology careers information; general information about the Society and process sales of Society publications. As a Customer Services Coordinator, you will be a confident communicator with significant experience in providing excellent customer service.
We provide first line ICT Support which includes MS Exchange and Active Directory user management, as well as some database administration. Some understanding of the administration of ICT systems will be helpful; however, we will provide training. We also assist users of the Society's various websites, including the BPS Shop. Previous experience of resolving sign in and purchasing issues will be beneficial.
The role is varied and whilst we don't rely on scripts, we do have knowledge bases and will provide appropriate training. You will need to use your initiative to resolve some issues and understand when to escalate enquiries.
From time to time we represent the Society at events; however, the majority of our work involves helping enquirers over the telephone and by email.
You will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience of providing customer service over the telephone, in writing and face to face
- Experience of working in a team, ideally in a customer service/membership environment
- Ability to manage various types of enquiries and prioritise appropriately
- Education to A Level standard, or equivalent
- Knowledge of training routes in psychology
- Understanding of the Society's structure and functions
- Experience of providing support to website users
Visit www.bps.org.uk/staffvacancies for a full job description and information on how to apply by clicking on the apply button. The closing date for applications is noon on Monday 24 October 2016. Interviews will be held during the week beginning 31 October 2016.