Asphalt Plant Operative
If you have initiative, energy and good IT literacy, you could play a vital role as Plant Operative in the running of the busy Sheffield Asphalt Plant for Aggregate Industries, a leading player in Construction Solutions.
Here at Aggregate Industries, we’re looking for an Asphalt Plant Operative to join us at our Sheffield Asphalt Plant. As an employer of choice Aggregate Industries are able to offer a first class rewards package along with a full complement of development and progression opportunities.
The Asphalt Plant Operative role will support the Depot Manager in the control and day-to-day smooth running of the Plant and its assets. You will be responsible for:
• Operation of mobile plant safely and efficiently carrying out daily safety checks
• Operation of fixed plant (semi-continuous asphalt plant)
• Operation of weighbridge and co-ordinator of asphalt deliveries
• Dispatching and controlling the quality of a number of Asphalt Products
• Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free .
We are looking for a highly motivated Asphalt Plant Operative with drive and enthusiasm to work as part of a team. Experience is desirable, however not essential as full training will be provided. Operational hours are Monday to Sunday day shifts and additional hours as required including nights. The depot is a 24/7 flexible operation.
A reliable, flexible and a pro-active Asphalt Plant Operative, you will have a sound appreciation of Health & Safety, housekeeping and environmental regulations. To be successful in the Asphalt Plant Operative role you will also have:
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• A customer focused approach
• Good organising skills
• IT literacy and ability to work to deadlines.
• Previous experience within a similar industry with asphalt production knowledge desirable
Aggregate Industries is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group and a leading supplier of traditional and sustainable construction materials to major building and construction customers. With over 4,000 employees and operations across the UK and Northern Europe, we’re committed to helping create a better built environment.
Asphalt Plant Operative Job Reference: OLR11762/7337
So if we’ve just described you and the Asphalt Plant Operative role matches your aspirations, then please do click on the APPLY button below.
We believe in Equal Opportunities for all employees.