Graduate/Junior Software Developers
(Windows, Linux or Mobile Technology)
Full time, part time and flexible working patters will be considered.
You inspect every element to find creative solutions.
We'll give you some of the most interesting problems to solve.
You're yet to start your software career, but you're already inspecting every element to push the limits of your code. And you can see how a little creativity can help you discover new possibilities.
As a Graduate or Junior Software Developer at HMGCC, you can channel that creativity into helping safeguard the country and its interests. You'll get to work on a range of complex projects within a team that designs and develops innovative, secure communications systems for HM Government use in the UK and overseas.
At HMGCC, we give our new staff the chance to really get involved. In fact, you'll quickly become a key team member - developing, testing, deploying and maintaining Windows, Linux or Mobile (iOS/Android) solutions that push the limits of software. You'll have to use your creativity, taking on responsibility. It's a real opportunity to test your theoretical knowledge and to learn and grow with our support. In fact, you won't just benefit from the supportive and collaborative nature of our teams. Top-class technical training programmes, professional accreditation, mentoring and on-the-job-development will help you not just fulfil your potential, but stretch it too.
- You'll have practical experience in the industrial, commercial or academic sectors or at least a 2:1 BSc/BEng degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
- You'll bring an understanding of good design principles and good coding practices
- You'll have demonstrable programming skills in one or more of the following: C/C++, C#, Objective-C or Java
- You can develop for one or more of Windows, macOS, iOS or Android
- You know how to reason about the performance of different data structures and algorithms
In addition to getting your career off to the best start, you can look forward to a great rewards package and a welcoming, modern workplace that has a cafe, gym and nursery.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
To apply to HMGCC you must be a born or naturalised British citizen, over 21 years old and primarily have lived in the UK for the last ten years. In addition, one of your parents must be a British citizen, or have substantial ties to the UK.