Alder grange a highly successful school in Rawtenstall are seeking a motivated person to work as a teaching assistant, to provide support for learners with additional educational needs.
We are an inclusive, 11-19 aged school committed to the successful development of the whole child, both academically and socially. You will be joining a dedicated team of staff who work with both students and their families.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Provide support for learners with additional needs under the direction of the class teacher and Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCO).
• Provide support in lessons and small group work.
• Provide support and supervision during unstructured times in the school day.
• Contribute to a positive learning environment.
• Be aware of the needs of students.
• Be a positive role model.
• Be part of an enthusiastic and motivated team.
Min 30 hours per week during term time £5.50 per hour equivalent.(£7240 per annum paid over 12 monthly payments)
Level 2/3 STL Qualification Training will be provided through shadowing, guided sessions and 1:1 mentor sessions.
If you feel this criteria applies to you and you can answer our 3 questions below, we would love to hear from you.
- Min Grade C or above in Maths and English
• Ability to relate to young people
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good organisational skills
• Highly motivated
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills
• Able to work under direction from others
1) Tell us about something you are proud of achieving.
2) Tell us why you would like to do an apprenticeship and why at our company /school.
3) What prompted you to want work with children and young people?
The closing date will be Monday Oct 10th Noon and interviews are expected to be on 18th October at school. BB4 8HW.
The post will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
Please note a good and appropriate standard of personal appearance is required (assessed at interview) and personal holidays may only be during school holidays.
We look forward to reading your applications.