Principal Teacher Primary (fixed term)
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You are an experienced teacher with a full GTC registration with a very good understanding of national curriculum policies. You have a first-rate knowledge of current planning, assessment and quality improvement procedures and have experience in curriculum development. With great organisational skills, excellent time management and a proven ability to plan and deliver, you are approachable, enthusiastic and a team player.
You will lead and manage a team of teaching staff within the school and assigned curricular areas. Support and deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute to the furtherance of the school aims and values, learning, personal responsibility, respect for self and others, maximising and recognising attainment, achievement and responsible social attitudes.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered.
Please note that the grade for this position may be subject to change. Promoted Teaching Posts that meet the criteria will be resized on an annual basis, in line with the SNCT Handbook. Any grade change will be effective from 1st August each year.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
This post will cover both Peterhead Central and Meethill Primary Schools in the Peterhead Cluster
Informal enquiries to Christian Henderson, tel 01779 472211 or Nik James, tel 01779 474920
- Support the work and professional development of assigned staff, supporting and contributing to collegiate working and professional debate and reflection, providing strategic direction and guidance
- Manage assigned resources in an effective and efficient manner and in accordance with the school’s policies and practices
- Manage and quality assure assigned curricular areas in an effective manner to ensure the highest possible quality of learning and teaching and maximum levels or learner attainment
- Contribute to the formation and implementation of school curriculum and improvement plans
- Direct and oversee effective and efficient administration of assigned areas of work within the agreements of the Local Negotiating Committee for Teachers and the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers
- Contribute to the delivery of a quality education to pupils in accordance with Aberdeenshire Council and school policies
- Support the health, safety and wellbeing of young people in the school
- Operate within Aberdeenshire Council’s framework for Quality Assurance and Development
Please also see attached job profile for further information
Job Profile Principal Teacher Primary2.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf