Assistant Store Manager
Toys "R" Us have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Store Manager to join the team based at stores in Thurrock. Working on a full time, permanent basis, the successful Assistant Store Manager will receive a competitive salary of £20,000-£25,000 per annum.
Toys "R" Us is Britain's and the World’s leading Family Leisure, Baby Care and Toy Megastore with stores throughout the UK.
We currently have opportunities for experienced retailers to join us with flexibility to work in our stores in Thurrock. You will be permanently placed in one store but for coverage and progression purposes the ideal candidate will have mobility across our Thurrock, Brent Cross and Enfield stores.
After completing an intensive store based training programme, you will graduate to the position of Assistant Store Manager and will take up full responsibilities within the Store Management team…and this is just the start! Your speed of progression to General Store Manager and beyond will be entirely up to you and the results that you achieve.
Responsibilities the Assistant Store Manager will carry out include:
- Ensure an excellent standard of customer service is delivered at all times
- Maximise sales and profit by ensuring the efficient and effective management of all sales and operational areas
- Ensure stock loss, man-hours and costs are controlled efficiently
- Manage the recruitment, training, development and performance of all staff
- Coach, motivate and develop the store sales team to achieve personal and store objectives
- Plan, manage and take ultimate accountability for store expenditure on controllable items
- Communicate effectively with the Area and Store Managers to ensure key information is shared to ensure best practice
The ideal Assistant Store Manager will have the below skills and experience:
- Be able to demonstrate effective performance in problem solving, decision making, building relationships, developing self and staff, planning and organising, and managing through others.
- Previous experience working within retail and ideally experience as a Team Leader, Supervisor or Assistant Store Manager
- Flexible approach to working hours i.e. working weekends as well as able to work reasonable additional hours in line with the needs of the business
Benefits we provide the Assistant Store Manager:
- Competitive salary
- up to 20% in store discount
- “R benefits” an exclusive website launched for Toys R Us employees offering exclusive savings on brand name retailers
- 28 days holiday (including statutory holidays)- up to 33 days depending on length of service
- Annual bonus based on personal and company performance
- Career progression
- Contributory pension