Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire
Salary: Up to £35,000 dependent on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The company was set up in 1959; they've been designing and making footwear now for 50 years! They diversified from their roots - slipper production - in the early 1990s, when they had their 'eureka moment' - identifying a niche in the market for stylish shoes with comfort built in.
Since then product innovation, world class production facilities, and continual reinvestment in their business has seen their shoe collections expand beyond all recognition and their circle of friends grow by hundreds of thousands each year.
The company's now looking for a Web Developer to join their E-Commerce/Marketing department to help develop, optimise, and maintain the website, making the brand and customer journey accessible and appealing to the target audience. You will provide suitable solutions to new initiatives and issues and work with third party providers.
- To build, test and upload attractive and capable web pages, sites or applications, based on user requests.
- Work with external agencies and suppliers to implement web site changes and organise or provide testing.
- To collate objectives and requirements to deliver best recommendations, specifications and time estimates.
- To resolve and provide solutions to technical issues and new initiatives.
- To give full consideration to security, compatibility and integration online when assessing the structure, appeal, purpose and objectives of developments
- To support web site deployments.
- To work within brand guidelines to deliver quality and consistent customer service.
- To work closely and openly with other members of the ecommerce/marketing/creative/IT teams to deliver an effective and optimised online experience.
- To document developments, processes and procedures.
- To provide and system configuration support of ecommerce systems.
- To provide cover for amends and updates to offer and site creative adhoc and as required by the marketing promotional plan and content plan.
- To be an escalation point for web platform business user challenges (e.g. Media Code configuration / on site merchandise configuration)
- To positively support other areas of the team and workloads where required to meet business and team objectives
- Excellent problem solving and technical skills.
- Detail and quality focussed.
- Confident managing a varied workload.
- Capable of building productive and positive relationships both internally and externally
- Highly IT literate and confident using technology to provide solutions.
- Educated to Degree level in an IT or online related discipline.
- Experience in an ecommerce or other commercial environment.
- Experience of MVT testing, UX and UI design.
- Development skills and principles in multiple programming languages.
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Experience using tag management.
- Experience with product data feeds.
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Commerce or any other ecommerce platforms.
- HTTP or networking knowledge (for caching and page performance optimisation).
- Experience building marketing emails.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.