An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Healthcare Purchaser to join Alliance Surgical PLC based in Birmingham.
Alliance Surgical PLC is one of the largest providers of independent healthcare in the UK. The company delivers bespoke specialist healthcare solutions to private and corporate patients throughout the UK with a membership of approximately 1500 Senior NHS/Private Consultants and has an enviable portfolio of clients that includes prominent global and domestic brands.
As a Healthcare Purchaser your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage the daily purchasing activity within the healthcare trust business.
- Ensure that all processes align to ensure the most efficient purchasing that meet the company purchasing objectives, follow the correct procedures and utilise the appropriate tools / processes.
- Assist with the implementation of key pathway strategies.
- Develop value adding relationships with treating locations and providers across the country and ensure that these are correctly managed, and that best value agreements are in place.
- Assist consultants in buying healthcare on the companies behalf at the best possible rate wit problem resolution on any supply chain related issues.
- Adherence to the quality procedures and principles at all times.
- To manage the database effectively to ensure all key touch points of the role are recorded and reported on.
- Assume the role of change agent.
Additional duties may include:
- Assigned projects, strategic development of the Purchasing function, new product development.
An ideal Healthcare Purchaser will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrative experience in a purchasing / supply chain role.
- Studying or attained an appropriate business qualification / degree with specialisation in Purchasing desirable.
- Knowledge of a similar industry would be an advantage.
- Computer literate, with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Attention to detail.
- Well developed business acumen.
- Analytical ability.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and written, in the English language.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated.
- Team player essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Confident to negotiate at all levels, and across cultures.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and diligent approach to working hours / attendance.
- Customer focused.
- Professional appearance, appropriate with an office environment.
- Professional and ethical approach.
- Aptitude and desire to improve knowledge, skills and competencies.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £22,000 - £25,000 per annum.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52722087 / INDMP