Control Systems Engineer
- Our Client established since the early 1960’s is one of the worlds leading design and manufactures of high speed special purpose machinery.
- Writing PLC & HMI software for packaging machinery in Siemens S7 and Rockwell programming languages
- Updating and de-bugging existing machine software
- Working with other team members to create a “modular” control system design
- Liaising with Electrical System Design to ensure best practice electrical design and meeting of customer specifications
- Providing support to Test Engineers to optimise machinery and software
- Providing technical support to customers by phone, email, etc.
- Conducting site visits for installation and commissioning (when required)
- Representing the business in technical discussions with customers and suppliers
- Identification of improvement in any working practices in Controls System Design which would benefit the business
- Working with the Technical Director to set project timescales.
- Extensive experience in programming PLC controlled electrical/mechanical systems
- Programming of Siemens S7-200/300/1200 & Allen Bradley Compact/Control Logix PLC’s (in ladder, function blocks & statement lists)
- Programming of HMI’s in Siemens WINCC and Allen Bradley RS View