Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Pirelli are looking for an ambitious, confident and enthusiastic individual to join the MIRS function of Pirelli Tyres, based in Burton on Trent. They are looking for an experienced engineer, ideally with a background in maintenance, with sound understanding and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
As the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, you will require:
- Experience in Engineering, ideally with a background in Maintenance
- A sound understanding of the manufacturing process
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to accurately interpret key data to allow justification of improvements/project
- Flexibility and consistency
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines, and adapt to any short notice changes
- A high degree of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word is also required
Reporting directly to the site Industrial Manager the position will play a pivotal role in supporting the function and helping to move MIRS forward. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing improvements and supporting with ongoing projects, whilst also proposing new projects based on business needs. In addition, the candidate will also assist with day to day maintenance issues / problem solving.
Key tasks of the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting the HSE department and championing HSE targets
- Continuous improvement of processes
- Definition of improvements
- Assisting with training
- Identifying efficiency improvements
- Involvement in use of POWRA
- Data Analysis for justification of improvements / projects
- Dealing with people at all levels, particularly within the Production, Quality and Engineering functions.
The successful candidate will be required to lead by example and to coach the team where applicable to assist with the achievement of results, so should therefore be able to demonstrate their management and leadership skills.
In return you can expect a competitive salary together with a great employee benefits package.