Title: Metalwork Estimator
Location: Based at our premises in Chester-le-Street, DH2 1AG
Rate: £26,000 or greater, based on experience / negotiable
Hours: Normal hours of work 40 hours - 7.30 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday
Part time applications will be considered
The company designs, manufactures and installs a range of architectural stainless steel and mild steel products for the construction industry in the North East. Our range includes railings, gates, staircases, balustrade and handrail but we are also involved in bespoke industrial fabrication.
In order to meet growing demand we are looking to take an experienced estimator to join the team. Your role would involve the review of tender drawings and documentation and the preparation of accurate costing sheets & summaries for labour, material and services.
We typically receive around 100 enquiries per month and produce quotation values from £1,000 to £500,000
Other tasks within the role:-
* Produce clear and concise quotation documents.
* Spot value engineering opportunities without compromising on our high quality standards.
* Solve customer problems 'pre-design'.
* Attend occasional sales surveys on site & pre-contract meetings.
* Prepare standard costs for new in-house designs.
* Hand over successful tenders to the contracts team.
* Communicate & raise tender queries with clients.
You must be able to express yourself clearly, accurately and concisely in written and spoken communications. Good mathematical ability is also required. You will need to tap into the knowledge of experienced office, fabrication and installation staff so teamwork is a key requirement.
IMPORTANT: Only candidates with experience will be considered. Please do not apply if you do not meet all of the essential criteria below:
* Experience in an Estimating Role - Essential
* Substantial experience in any role within Metalwork or Fencing Industry - Essential
* Customer Service - Advantageous
* Site Surveying - Advantageous
* Practical Fabrication / Installation - Advantageous
* Estimating - Essential
* Computer Aptitude incl. Excel - Essential
* Time Management - Essential
* Ability to read Architectural & Fabrication Drawings - Essential
* Communication Skills (written & spoken) - Essential
* Mathematical Ability - Essential
* Maths GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-C - Highly Advantageous
* Full, Clean Driving Licence - Highly Advantageous