Mobile Support Engineer / Field Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Mobile Support Engineer
Location: Covering hospitals in York, Harrogate, and Leeds
Salary: £20,000 plus £2,500 travel allowance
The company is the world's leading provider of point of care systems in healthcare. They are driving clinical and management efficiency through a range of value added services for healthcare providers.
The Mobile Support Engineer must be quality driven and customer focused with technical ability to repair and maintain our equipment both at the bedside and back office. The Mobile Support Engineer requires excellent interpersonal skills and needs to be committed to customer satisfaction.
The role provides reactionary and proactive technical and operational support to the sites within a specific geographical area known as bubbles (Cover in other areas may be required from time to time)
The primary role focuses upon maintaining both bedside and back office operational equipment by way of reactive maintenance. This will be prioritised and communicated daily by your Operations Manager, maximising the uptime of Bedside Units and reducing the time to fix.
- Provide proactive and reactionary cover for sites based on "Red Bleeps/Alerts" in-turn providing improved Time To Fix (within 24 hrs of bleep /alert being raised).
- Delivery of customer satisfaction targets and ensuring the units are presentable for patients.
- Maximising the on-site repair of faulty bedside units and, where necessary, installing replacement parts.
- Management and effective upkeep of bedside unit test equipment for fault detection.
- Resolve customer generated problems and queries vie bleeps, alerts, trust requests.
- Clean & prepare all faulty equipment for return to the Repair Centre.
- Operate site-based fault logging and reporting systems such as PET, Fault Logger, and Spiceworks.
- Effective management and handling of any customer complaints, including escalation where applicable.
- Support the replenishment of ward consumable stock when requested.
- Repair and maintenance of 1st tier vending machine faults/user issues, escalation where appropriate via Spiceworks.
- Adherence to legislative requirements, policies & procedures including Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Able to effectively prioritise workload and take an organised approach to work in order to meet targets and deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of providing high levels of customer service, and dealing with customer complaints effectively
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues to technical & non-technical people alike
- Flexibility of working hours, able to offer out of hour's cover at alternative locations where/when required
- Competent with a range of hand tools and electrical/data systems
- A good level of computer literacy, and/or keyboard skills, with knowledge of basic packages such as MS Office Word and Excel
- Previous experience of working in a multi-site organisation or environment preferred
RF data networks and TV distribution systems:
- Return paths
- RF network balancing / balancing Amplifiers
- Fault finding and resolution
- Modulator tuning and balancing
CAT 5 and Fibre data networks:
- Fibre fault tracing
- Installation and configuration of replacement WACs
- CAT 5 termination
Server and PC hardware/software in a Microsoft/Linux networking environment.
Analogue and digital/VOIP telephone networks:
- DSLAM configuration and testing
- Fault finding on analogue switches
- Replacing of analogue line cards
- Fault finding and resolution on twisted pair
- Jumpering on E & D sides of telephony frame
TCP/IP network fundamentals including working with Windows software configurations:
- Adding servers onto the Hospedia network
- Adding the servers to the correct domain
- Update software as required
- MCSE/MCDST (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer/Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)
- Experience of working with Vending machines and Payphones
- 3rd/4th Edition Electrical
- Relevant Audio Visual Industry qualification
- Relevant cabling/infrastructure qualification
- Relevant Telecommunications / IT qualification
- Relevant HNC/HND/NVQ
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; RF Technician, TV Technician, Radio Frequency Engineer, Maintenance Technician, RF Engineer, Digital Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support Technician, Maintenance Support Engineer, Repairs Technician may also be considered for this role.