Support Worker (Care)
Are you looking for a rewarding job? Are you a creative and caring person?
Due to significant growth plans, MHC have superb opportunities for highly motivated individuals looking to kick start or continue a career supporting people with learning disability and mental health needs.
You’ll be working as part of a professional team with full training and support, based in a beautiful rural location with stunning views of the Clwydian Range. The pleasant facilities at Highfield Park near Denbigh are within a commutable distance from Conwy, Flintshire and Denbighshire in North Wales.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting residents to develop and maintain day to day life skills, whilst promoting independence
- Actively encouraging residents to participate in social, educational and leisure pursuits or general activities and providing practical support to enable them to do so
- Acting as a role model for residents
- Supporting residents with personal care as outlined in individual care plans
- Devising and implementing programmes to encourage more self-help and develop new ways of helping service users cope with life events
To be considered for a role of Support Worker you MUST have the following knowledge, skills and attributes;
- Commitment and enthusiasm to working with people with learning disability and mental health needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly, including evening and weekends
- Desire to learn new skills
- Dedication to providing the best quality of care and support possible
- Ability to display empathy, warmth, patience and understanding
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A willingness to undertake QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care
You’ll receive superb training and development opportunities in order to kick start or refresh your career. MHC enables individuals to improve their personal careers within a friendly, supportive team also offering a wide verity of residential and hospital locations to match your long term career path.
Salary: £13,065 - £14,917 per annum (level dependent on experience and qualifications). Pay review pending.
Other Benefits: Generous annual leave entitlement, complementary refreshments and meals whilst on shift, free eye care vouchers, childcare voucher scheme, free onsite parking, workplace pension, and company paid DBS check.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week working either morning, afternoon, or night shifts. Shift pattern can be flexible to meet availability, although to be agreed and set as part of any job offer.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Llandyrnog, near Denbigh (Denbighshire, North Wales). Conveniently located 15 minutes from the A55 and within a 45 minute commute of Chester.
This Support Worker vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer MHC. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer MHC, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
MHC requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
**Support Worker, Care, Support, Home, Service, Mental Health, Learning Disability, Llandyrnog, Denbigh, Denbighshire, North Wales**