Planning Liaison Manager – Corporate Projects
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Planning Liaison Manager – Corporate Projects to join the team based in Nottingham. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of circa £37,000 dependent on experience.
Are you an experienced and highly motivated chartered town planner who is looking for a new challenge? This is an exciting opportunity to work for a statutory consultee that operates across England, Scotland and Wales and lead the internal planning service and delivery of commercial pre-application planning advice to developers.
Planning Liaison Manager – Corporate Projects – Job Role
Providing the professional lead to deliver in-house planning support for development by the Authority, delivering commercial pre-application planning advice to developers, and undertaking statutory planning consultation work for the Authority
The key focus of this role is to secure the necessary planning consents for development undertaken by the Authority in the course of its duties to manage the legacy of mining and to lead the delivery of the Authority’s new commercial pre-application planning advice service to the development industry.
Responsibilities as our Planning Liaison Manager – Corporate Projects
- Providing the professional lead and managing the programme to provide in-house planning support for operational schemes and projects undertaken by the Authority in the course of its duties to manage the legacy of mining
- Preparing and submitting consultation responses on planning applications to the coalfield local planning authorities across England, Scotland and Wales, taking on board technical advice from colleagues in other departments
- Preparing and submitting comments on emerging draft planning policy documents prepared by coalfield local planning authorities to ensure that the Coal Authority’s interests are addressed
- Leading the development and delivery of commercial pre-application planning services to the development industry
- Leading discussions with local authorities, Government, the devolved administrations, and other organisations to develop the external relationships needed to implement the Authority’s planning strategies
- Assisting the Principal Manager with the development, implementation, delivery and monitoring of the engagement strategy for the three planning systems
Our ideal Planning Liaison Manager – Corporate Projects
- A Master’s degree or postgraduate diploma in town planning (or other equivalent planning qualification)
- Full corporate membership of the RTPI
- Recent private sector planning experience and commercial awareness gained from working within a consultancy environment
- Several years post-qualification planning experience of development management processes and/or plan making, ideally with some previous local planning authority experience
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the policy, legislation and the principles of the planning system
- The ability to manage a programme of changing priorities for projects and ensure client satisfaction for delivery of commercial work
- A broad understanding of mining and mining legacy risks
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Planning Liaison Manager – Corporate Projects then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!