Dental Receptionist - Orthodontic Practice
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a successful and well established orthodontist practice.
The Practice, incorporates two sites in Godalming and Farnham. Both practices are well established and offer Private and NHS orthodontic treatments to patients of all ages, using the latest technology combined with years of experience and patient satisfaction.
Farnham based (and travel to Godalming site when required)
Permanent, Full Time
Salary range: £18k -21.5k dependent on experience (and benefits).
They take a 'Patient Centered’ approach which is key to achieve their goals and maintain good relationships between their clinicians and the people they treat. They seek to maintain traditional values whilst continuing to develop and progress with cutting edge technology and treatments.
The role of dental receptionist works at the 'front line' of the Practice; as the first point of contact over the phone or on arrival. You will be booking in new patients, greeting visitors, sorting out appointments and undertaking other non-clinical tasks of an administrative nature.
As the successful candidate, you will need to have previous reception experience and knowledge. You will need to be extremely enthusiastic, hardworking, have good attention to detail as well as strong communication and organisational skills. This is an excellent opportunity for a reliable candidate with a positive attitude and professional demeanour.
Responsibilities will include but not restricted to:
- To ensure that excellent customer service and care is demonstrated at all times thereby ensuring the patient journey is as positive as possible
- Welcomes patients and others visitors in to practice in a friendly professional manner.
- Answers any query relating to their appointment/account/and treatment as appropriate promptly and efficiently
- Ensure reception area is clean and presentable
- Keep the patient fully informed of any delay with their appointment time
- Ensure that scheduling of appointments is handled efficiently, thus minimizing waiting time by both patient and clinician
- Ensure patient confidentiality at all times
- Answer the telephone promptly and demonstrate an excellent telephone technique
- Register new patient details and update patient contact details/medical history
- Write to patients where necessary to chase payment or sending out reminders that they need to be seen for routine check-ups or further dental treatment.
- Using a diary/computerised diary system to book, switch and cancel appointments.
- General administration tasks, such as photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing and sorting/filing/sending forms.
- To undertake CQC administrative duties as shown and to meet with CQC requirements.
- Dental or Ortho experience desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to learn bespoke packages
- Positive and professional attitude towards work
- Good team worker
- An organised and methodical approach to working
- A polite cheerful attitude, particularly when dealing with patients and suppliers
Hours of Work:
Monday: 8.45am -5.45pm OR 1.00pm -8.00pm
Tuesday: 8.45am -5.45pm OR 1.00pm -8.00pm
Wednesday: 8.45am -5.45pm OR 1.00pm -8.00pm
Thursday: 8.45am -5.45pm OR 1.00pm -8.00pm
Friday: 8.45am -5.45pm OR 1.00pm -8.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am -1.00pm when required
(Unpaid Lunch Mon-Fri; 60 minutes for early shift, 20 minutes for later shift)
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to the employer.
No agency applications please.