Care Assistant / Care Worker
Job Title: Care Assistant / Care Worker
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Salary: £8.00 Per Hour and Upwards + Benefits
Hours of work: Full-Time Position
Reports to: Unit Manager
Foxholes is a residential and nursing care home set in 18 acres of serene and peaceful Hertfordshire countryside surrounded by grazing horses and an abundance of wildlife. Our staff work in a comfortable environment with purpose built facilities.
We are looking for reliable Care Assistants to work as part of an efficient team and to contribute to the smooth running of the Home.
As a Care Assistant your role will include:
• Actively engaging with and supporting all residents to assist in their personal development
• Ensuring all residents’ personal care needs are met in a timely manner
• Perform key worker duties
• Completing daily care notes and maintaining up to date information
• Ensuring that care services are consistently provided to a high quality standard
• Assuming responsibility for the running of the home and for the well-being of staff and residents in the absence of the home’s manager
• One years’ experience of working in a care setting with vulnerable people
• Hold an NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care
• Ability to show empathy, understanding and experience of the needs of the resident group
• You will also be required to undergo training as part of working in a Care Home
• Well-developed time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
• The ability to make balanced, clear and timely decisions
• Knowledge of food hygiene preparation or a willingness to learn
• Take a pro-active approach to consulting and involving others in decision making process as appropriate
Our pay rates are competitive and in line with the National Living Wage, in the region of £8.00 an hour and upwards including enhancements and benefits added to the basic pay.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-established company, if you feel this role is for you, please click apply below and a member of the recruitment team will get in contact with you.