Editorial Coordinator – CMC, Glasgow or Macclesfield
Here at CMC we have an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Coordinator to join our team at our Glasgow or Macclesfield site. The successful candidate will receive an excellent salary and benefits package as well as focused career development including strong links with our creative colleagues across the wider McCann group.
CMC, part of McCann Complete Medical, is a leading global medical communications agency established 25 years ago, with offices in the UK (Macclesfield, Manchester and Glasgow) and US (New Jersey and California). We are incredibly proud of the work we do and the people we employ. CMC people work to extremely high standards, support their colleagues and delight their clients.
We are now looking to expand our successful team across a spectrum of roles, and we are looking for Editorial Coordinators based in either Macclesfield or Glasgow to assist our scientific team in the delivery of a wide range of editorial projects.
Main responsibilities of our Editorial Coordinator:
- Supporting the senior team members with the delivery of larger projects
- Setting up and maintaining internal and client databases
- Arranging internal and external meetings via teleconference or WebEx
- Undertaking information research relating to congresses, journals and publications
- Online submissions for relevant publications-related activities
- Liaison with journal production editors and congress secretariats
- Carry out general account administration work
We are looking for Editorial Coordinator candidates with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Relevant or transferable administration experience, ideally within the medical communications or pharmaceutical industries, although this is not essential.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines are essential.
- As we are a busy team with high standards, exceptional administrative and organisational skills are also critical for the role.
- The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual, a good team player and an excellent communicator.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office with a particular emphasis on the optimal use of spreadsheets and databases is important.
We offer careers not just jobs, continuously fulfilling our commitment to invest in our team members and meet their professional development needs. We build roles around the strengths and aspirations of our staff and in doing so have become an employer of choice for over 100 employees worldwide.
The wide variety of clients we work with allows our staff to broaden their experience through multiple, exciting projects. We are exceptionally proud of our company culture; we support and respect our team members, offer great work-life balance solutions and empower individuals to learn, grow and develop, within a free-thinking environment embracing innovation and ideas.
If you would like to join us as our Editorial Coordinator please click ‘Apply’ today.
Our vision at McCann Complete Medical is to bridge the clinical care gap by combining insight and scientific evidence to improve healthcare outcomes for patients and to enhance the clinical and commercial success of our clients.